Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
UPDATED 4th January 2021.
The new national restrictions announced by the Government on the 4th January 2021 will NOT affect us and we will be operating as NORMAL. You are allowed to attend for medical appointments no matter where you travel from.
The practice continues to accept ALL patients.
Please check regularly for updates.
Acupuncture and Massage update.
Please note that in accordance with advice given by the British Acupuncture Council, all acupuncture patients must wear a mask during their treatment unless you are exempt. If you do not have a mask then Amy will provide you with one, but we ask that you please try your best to bring your own.
We also require patients who book in with Zivile for massage to you bring your own towels with you; two large towels will be enough. Please note that face coverings are mandatory with massage treatments as per the Soft Tissue and Massage Association guidance, unless you are exempt. We appreciate your understanding and assistance with this.
Please read the following information carefully before booking or attending your appointment.
We have adopted a risk-based approach on how to carry out face-to-face consultations. We would like to reassure you that we have updated some of our policies to ensure that we take care of both our patients and our staff in the current situation. We are continuing to monitor and implement advice and guidance from Government, Public Health England, and our professional bodies.
For us operate as normal as possible and provide a safe environment for our staff and patients, it is now a requirement that you read and complete our COVID19 Policy form BEFORE attending the clinic. This will be sent to you via email on our booking system prior to your appointment. If you require assistance once you have completed this form, then please call the clinic and speak to a member of staff.
On arrival at the practice, please adhere to the following instructions:
- Based on government guidelines, we would recommend that you wear your own face covering, unless you are exempt.
- Enter the practice no sooner than five minutes before or exactly on time for your appointment.
- Please attend your appointment on your own, unless you are under 16 years old.
- For added protection we request that visitors sanitise their hands, using the hand sanitiser provided, on entering the building
- Please do not approach the staff and try to keep at least a 1 meter distance at all times.
- A staff member will verbally instruct you to which treatment room you need to go to.
- Please leave the clinic immediately and as quickly as possible after your appointment (or after payment).
- Please do not place personal belongings (wallets, keys, coins or mobile phones) on any clinic surface; we ask that you either do not bring them into the clinic with you or do not take them out of your pockets.
- Please do not ask for receipts to be printed while in the clinic as we need all patients to leave as quickly as possible following their treatment and payment (receipts can be emailed if required).
One-way traffic flow system
- Approach the clinic via the main stairs (front of the building), NOT the side.
- Turn left at the top of the stairs and enter the clinic via the disabled access door (white glazed door), you will see signposts.
- Once in the building, walk to the reception area and take a seat, a member of staff will instruct you further.
- Exit out the main door (black door), you will see signposts, then turn left and walk down the side of the building to the stairs or ramp into the car park (please advise if you have special access requirements).
We have implemented the following measures:
- We have increased the distances between chairs in the waiting room.
- We have increased the time between appointments to reduce the number of people in the waiting room.
- We are providing soap, hand sanitiser and tissues for your use, in the reception area and treatment rooms.
- Our staff are frequently sanitising work surfaces, chairs, door handles and the payment system.
- We are sanitising treatment beds between patients.
- We are keeping windows open for fresh air flow (weather permitting).
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Our staff are all wearing the correct PPE as advised by Public Health England and the British Chiropractic Association, the Institute of Osteopathy, the British Acupuncture Council and the Soft Tissue and Massage Association. Please note that the guidance differs between all associations and the PPE being worn by your practitioner may vary slightly.
We have implemented an extra layer of protection in the clinic. We have a fogging machine that purifies the air and kills all known bacteria and viruses (including coronavirus) within 1 minute. This machine is used daily to make sure that the air in the clinic is clean of bacteria and viruses.
CANNOT BOOK AN APPOITNMENT
Unfortunately at this time we cannot see you if you or someone in your household/under your care are in a higher risk group for complications from the virus. More information on what dictates an extremely clinically vulnerable person can be found at the link below.
RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT (for two weeks time)
If you, or someone in your household/under your care are self-isolating, or have any symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Flu like symptoms
Other symptoms of COVID19 can be found at the link below.
CONSIDER RESCHEDULING YOUR APPOINTMENT
If you are an older person (over 70’s) with underlying health conditions.