Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
UPDATED 15th MAY 2020
We can confirm we are reopening the practice on 18th May 2020 at 9am with special procedures. Please see below for details.
Please note that we are currently only able to provide chiropractic and osteopathy appointments as we are awaiting an announcement from the British Acupuncture Council and the massage/soft tissue associations regarding the ability of their practitioners to return to work (Amy and Zivile). We will update everyone as soon as we know.
Please see updates to our policy in BOLD below.
Updated Government Advice on Return to Work
As a result of the UK Government advice on the return to work strategy, the British Chiropractic Association (BCA) is now advising its members in England that if the patient cannot be adequately consulted using telehealth, that they may resume face-to-face consultations for urgent cases. The definition of urgent care is that it should be patient centred and the need for it discussed and agreed between each individual patient and their chiropractor.
We have therefore adopted a risk-based approach to on how to carry out face-to-face consultations. We would like to reassure you that we have updated some of our policies to ensure that we take care of both our patients and our staff in the current situation. We are continuing to monitor and implement advice and guidance from Government, Public Health England, and our professional bodies.
For us operate as normal as possible and provide a safe environment for our staff and patients, it is now a requirement that you read and complete our COVID19 Policy. This will be sent to you via email on our booking system prior to your appointment. If you require assistance once you have completed this form, then please call the clinic and speak to a member of staff.
On arrival at the practice, please adhere to the following instructions:
- Based on government guidelines, we would recommend that you wear your own face covering.
- Enter the practice no sooner than five minutes before or exactly on time for your appointment.
- Please attend your appointment on your own, unless you are under 16 years old.
- For added protection we request that visitors sanitise their hands, using the hand sanitiser provided, on entering the building
- Please do not approach the staff.
- A staff member will verbally instruct you to which treatment room you need to go to.
- Please note that we would prefer to take card payments to prevent the handling of cash.
- Please leave the clinic immediately and as quickly as possible after your appointment (or after payment).
- Please do not place personal belongings (wallets, keys, coins or mobile phones) on any clinic surface; we ask that you either do not bring them into the clinic with you or do not take them out of your pockets.
- Unfortunately the toilet and bathroom will not be for patient use, please make sure you use the bathroom at home before you attend the clinic. You can sanitise your hands either with the hand sanitiser supplied in reception or at the sink in your treatment room.
- Please do not ask for receipts to be printed while in the clinic as we need all patients to leave as quickly as possible following their treatment and payment (receipts can be emailed if required).
One-way traffic flow system
- Approach the clinic via the main stairs (front of the building), NOT the side.
- Turn left at the top of the stairs and enter the clinic via the disabled access door (white glazed door), you will see signposts.
- Once in the building, walk to the reception area and take a seat, a member of staff will instruct you further.
- Exit out the main door (black door), you will see signposts, then turn left and walk down the side of the building to the stairs or ramp into the car park (please advise if you have special access requirements).
We have implemented the following measures:
- We have increased the distances between chairs in the waiting room.
- We have increased the time between appointments to reduce the number of people in the room.
- We are providing soap, hand sanitiser and tissues for your use, in the reception area and treatment rooms.
- Our staff are frequently sanitising work surfaces, chairs, door handles and the card payment machine.
- We are sanitising treatment beds between patients.
- Our staff are taking extra precautionary measures themselves and are wearing the correct PPE, as advised by Public Health England and the British Chiropractic Association.
- We are keeping windows open for fresh air flow.
- If you are having a regular treatment then contact time between you and your practitioner will be a maximum of 15 minutes.
- If you are a new patient then contact time between you and your practitioner will be a maximum of 45 minutes.
CANNOT BOOK AN APPOITNMENT
Unfortunately at this time we cannot see you if you or someone in your household/under your care are in a higher risk group for complications from the virus. High risk or extremely clinically vulnerable people are advised to shield. More information on what dictates an extremely clinically vulnerable person can be found at the link below.
RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT (for two weeks time)
If you, or someone in your household/under your care are self-isolating, or have any symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Flu like symptoms
Other symptoms of COVID19 can be found at the link below.
CONSIDER RESCHEDULING YOUR APPOINTMENT
If you are an older person (over 70’s) with underlying health conditions.